Are you getting frustrated with Baldur’s Gate 3 Error Code 516? Here are detailed instructions regarding Baldur’s Gate 3 Error Code 516 fix you can follow to play the game without any issues.
Just like in every other game, you will face errors in Baldur’s Gate 3, one of the best RPG games released in 2023. One of these errors is Baldur’s Gate 3 Error Code 516, which will not let you save the game progress, and this could be pretty frustrating. While there is no official fix to this problem, we have listed the possible solutions for it below.
- Also Read: Path to Nowhere Tier List & Reroll Guide
Why Are You Getting Baldur’s Gate 3 Error Code 516
This error is related to the game’s save system, and here are some of the possible causes of it:
- Insufficient Disk Space: If your hard drive is running out of space, the game may be unable to create or overwrite your saved files. This can result in the error code 516, which indicates that the game failed to save your progress.
- Steam Cloud Synchronization Issue: If you are playing Baldur’s Gate 3 on Steam, you may have enabled the Steam Cloud synchronization feature for it. There may be some conflicts or errors with your local saves, which could cause this error to appear.
- Windows Defender: Your Windows Defender might be blocking Baldur’s Gate 3 from saving your game, giving rise to this error.
How To Fix Baldur’s Gate 3 Error Code 516
If you are getting the error code 516 in Baldur’s Gate 3, don’t panic. There are some possible solutions that you can try to fix this issue and resume your adventure in the Forgotten Realms. Here are some of them:
- Delete Your Old Saved Files: The simplest way to fix the error code 516 is to delete some of your unnecessary or outdated save files to free up some space and reduce the number of saves. To do this, go to the Load Game menu and select the save files that you want to delete. Then, click on the trash icon at the bottom right corner of the screen. Alternatively, you can also delete the saved files manually from your AppData\Local\Larian Studios folder.
- Disable Steam Cloud Synchronization: If you are playing Baldur’s Gate 3 on Steam, you may want to disable the Steam Cloud synchronization feature by using the following steps:
- Exit Baldur’s Gate 3 and the Larian Studios Launcher.
- Go into the Steam library, right-click on Baldur’s Gate 3, and select ‘Properties.’
- In the ‘General’ tab, switch off the slider that says “Keep games saves in the Steam Cloud for Baldur’s Gate 3.”
- Restart Steam and relaunch Baldur’s Gate 3.
- Allow Baldur’s Gate 3 In Windows Defender: To prevent Windows Defender from blocking Baldur’s Gate 3 from saving your game, you can make an exception in Windows Defender’s Controlled Folder Access feature. Here’s how:
- Open Windows Security from the Start menu.
- Click “Virus & threat protection” and then “Manage settings.”
- Scroll down to “Exclusions” and click “Add or Remove Exclusions.”
- Now add Baldur’s Gate 3 as an exception.
- Run Baldur’s Gate 3 As Administrator: Running a game as an administrator can sometimes solve some issues related to permissions or access. To run Baldur’s Gate 3 as an administrator, follow these steps:
- Right-click on Baldur’s Gate 3 icon and look for the “Run as Administrator” option.
- Click on “OK” to launch the game and try saving it again.
We hope these solutions help you fix the error code 516 in Baldur’s Gate 3 and enjoy the game without interruptions.
Make sure to follow Desk Gamers for the latest news, guides, and more related to the Gaming and Esports industry.